WALK & TALK IN NAPLES PARKS
December 7 @ 10:15 am - 11:30 pmFree
Freedom Park Walk
If this event is cancelled due to weather or other circumstance, the leader will post the cancellation notice here no less than 2 hours before the start time of the event.
Let’s be active while we chat! We will visit different parks each month and leisurely walk one to two miles. Optional lunch at a nearby restaurant afterwards.
We will walk at a leisurely pace. There will be time to take photos and chat, time to enjoy flora and fauna, and read park information along the way.
- 10:15 – join leader for easy-to-follow warm-up stretches
- 10:30 – introductory remarks, depart on the route
- 11:30 – post-walk stretches, group photo, depart for optional lunch
This month we will visit Freedom Park and walk about 1.4 miles. We will also visit the memorial.
The walk and visit will take less than one hour. The terrain is flat, boardwalk and paved asphalt. There is some shade and some sun, and there are benches to rest.
Meet under the pavilion in front of the building where the restrooms are. There are restrooms along the way too.
Please consider carpooling with other participants as the parking lot is not large.
Suggestions from a seasoned outdoor walker:
- Wear comfortable closed-toed walking shoes and socks.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat with chin-strap, sunglasses, long-sleeves; and sun gloves if desired.
- Apply sunblock to any exposed skin, especially face.
- Hide and lock your large purse in your car.
- Carry your phone and/or camera in a small cross-body bag or hip pack.
- In a backpack, carry drinking water in a lightweight bottle, tissues, a small towel; and a snack of dried fruit, nuts or granola bar if desired.
- Have extra drinking water in your car for after the walk.
Optional lunch afterwards at Food & Thought, 2132 Tamiami Trail N. Casual café as part of health food market. Order from counter or pick up ready-made sandwich or salad. Nice seating indoor and outdoor.
Please register for this free event on this page until noon the day before the event.